My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster County, PA

What do you want to know?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm only human

For some reason, I had been under the impression that Wayne Franklin had struck out ten batters in a game in recent years. As a result, I let Ian Snell's doing so on June 10th slip by. Lo and behold, I look and Franklin's high is nine. The last Delawarean pitcher to strike out ten batters in a game was Chris Short back on May 19, 1970. Snell also struck out another ten on August 1st. You have to go back to Short's 1968 season to find the last native Delawarean to do it more than once in a season.

To think, seven native Delawarean ballplayers were born since the last pitcher before Snell struck out ten.

Sorry, Ian. I'll try to be a little more aware. As it is I am impressed with not only your pitching but with your three games as a pinch runner. There's a lot to be following.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home