My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster County, PA

What do you want to know?

Friday, April 07, 2006

What is Delaware?

Over the years I have run Delawarebaseball.com, I have received a number of e-mails from people who have looked at the site. 99% of these e-mails come in two flavors.

Flavor one is "Hey, I'm a big Kevin Mench fan. Love the site". Always the person is a Kevin Mench fan. Never a Renie Martin fan. Never a Ken Szotkiewicz fan. Always a Mench fan. Everyone digs the longball, chicks and dudes.

Flavor two is "Hey, love the site. But you forgot to include Vic Willis, Dwayne Henry, Judy Johnson, Derrick May, Keith Garagozzo, Brian Lesher, Bill Bruton, Jake Wood, Mike Koplove.....(I have not received e-mails about all these players. Just beating you to the punch)"

This is another reason I started this blog. I hope to include some of these players who had Delaware connections but don't fall under the "native" label. It certainly is an arbitrary decision to only focus on those players whose birth certificates list them as being born in the First State, but I can tell you that I have had my hands full just researching the four dozen players who qualify as Delawareans under that definition.

Besides, it will be a lot more fun when I start www.belgianbaseball.com to cover Brian Lesher.

Hopefully in the future I will write some about these other players who graced the Delaware landscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home